13.1 miles or 21 kilometres through a mixture of Limerick's city centre, riverside, suburb and countryside locations.
The course initially heads south taking the participants past Old Crescent Rugby Club and then to Rosbrien Road to roundabout, onto Dooradoyle Roundabout, Raheen Church and into Raheen Industrial Estate.
Over flyover to the start of Ballinacurra Road down O’Connell Avenue down Glentworth Street, onto Henry Street over Sarsfield Bridge after circuling via Liddy Street. Taking in the Gaelic Grounds and South Circular Road.
Over the last 6 Miles the participants will enjoy a host of landmark sites including fantastic view of King Johns Castle, Thomond Bridge, Sarsfield Bridge, The Treaty Stone, Thomond Park Stadium.
The Half Marathon finishes on Limerick's main street O'Connell Street
1) Prizes are awarded individually and equally in Male and Female categories.
2) There must be 3 or more entries to constitute a prize-winning category.
3) Age qualification as at May 6th 2012.
4) Age category applied as per Date of Birth supplied.
5) Incorrect category assignment must be highlighted prior to April 30th. This is viewable on the website.
6) The Great Limerick Run operates a 'one person, one prize' policy.
7) Participants in the Great Limerick Run who are placed in more than one category are awarded the prize of greater value
8) Placings will be awarded on gun time not chip time. i.e. whoever crosses the line first wins (not their chip time)